The chain fence will look like a wire mesh containing galvanized wires or LLDPE coated wires. You can install this fence for safety around any ground. In this article, you will learn how to install chain link fence on uneven ground.
Some of them think that they cannot install chain fences on uneven land, but by knowing the process, you will be able to install them easily. If you are living in a place where there is slopy uneven ground and are confused about installing a chain link fence on uneven ground, don’t worry. This article will provide you in detail knowledge to fix the fence.
Installing the chain fence on even ground will be very easy, but it will not be the same on uneven ground. You cannot simply use the same method therefore better to know how to install chain link fence on uneven ground before you start the process.
You must ensure that you fix the chain fence properly so the fence will be steady and will last long. If you are trying to figure out the method of installing chain fences on uneven ground, you can read the article, and it will be helpful to do the installation process on your own.
The Equipment Required to Install a Chain Fence on an Uneven Ground
Make sure you have the items mentioned below to install the chain link fence,
- Get the required length of chain fence according to your land.
- Metal clips
- Metal poles
- Metal crown
- Shovel or a hole digger
- Level or length of string
The Factors to Consider Before Installing a Chain Fence
- If you plan to install a chain link fence on your uneven land, then first check on the safety.
- You must also get legal approval, if necessary. Sometimes you might have to take a permit before starting the process. The rules will depend on accord the law and regulations present in the place where you are residing.
- Now you can start sketching your property’s map as this will make the process easy. By using your land copy, you can get a good sketch.
- According to the land, decide on the length of the chain fence. And you must also make sure that you place the fence about 4 inches inside.
- You must speak to the neighbors and let them know that you will be installing a fence inside your boundary and do it in a way that will not cause damage to the neighbor’s property.
How To Construct Posts For a Chain Link Fence?
Before installing the chain fence, you must construct the fence post. Mark the location where you will be fixing the fence post by measuring. Then you can start to dig the places using a hole digger the terminal post digging has 10 inches diameter at the top and in the bottom about 12 inches.
The terminal post must be 2 inches higher than the chain-link fence. You must dig the line post with eight inches diameter circle on the top, and you can gradually increase the diameter until you get 10 inches diameter in the bottom of the hole.
Now you can pour the cement mixture inside the terminal hole and place the post correctly. Make sure you fix it properly. If there is any adjustment, you can do it before the cement mixture dries.
After fixing the terminal posts, you must run the string along with all the posts from 4 inches below the top. Next, you can fix the line post using the cement mixture. The string will help you level the line post on the uneven ground so you can fix them at an equal height. After completing this step, give some time for the cement to dry well, this may take at least a day.
How to Install Chain Link Fence on Uneven Ground?
Once you fix the terminal and the line posts correctly, the process will be easy. Next, you must start to install the chain link. Do not unroll chain link fabric at once instead, unroll small part by part so you will not mess up.
Start from the terminal post and attach the chain link fabric, and when the fabric gets in touch with the post, you can attach the metal latches. Complete spreading the chain link fence by repeating the process. Make sure you properly attach the metal latches.
After perfectly laying the chain link fence, you can complete the process by fixing the cap crown in all the line posts. The cap crowns will prevent your chain link fence. You must have patience when laying the chain link fence so that you will be able to install it correctly. That’s how to install chain link fence on uneven ground.
Advantages of Installing A Chain Link Fence
- You can get a chain-link fence more affordable than other fencings products.
- You can purchase chain links with the different features as there is a wide variety in the market. You can choose the color, material, gauge, height etc., so you will have various options from which you can select the best chain link fence that will fit your land.
- Unlike other fence products, the chain link fence will require low maintenance.
- This fence is like a mesh through which you can see what is happening on the other side, and it will not block the sunlight entering your house.
- The chain-link fence is highly durable and will not easily get damaged due to climatic changes.
- If your chain link fence requires any repair, you will be able to fix it without any struggle. The repair will be quick and easy.
- This fence will restrict the animals or strangers from entering. You can also attach barbed wires on the top, making your home safer as none will try to climb.
Disadvantages of Installing Chain Link Fence
- This fence will not provide privacy to the dwelling as it will be visible outside.
- Although this fence is affordable, this will not significantly increase the value of your land.
- The security of the chain-link fence will be less compared to the fence materials. If you have this fence about 4 to 5 feet tall, the outsiders can easily climb.
This article on how to install chain link fence on uneven ground will help you understand the installation process of this type of fence. We hope this article was helpful.